Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Penne al Salmone Affumicato (Smoked Salmon Pasta)


One of the things I love about visiting my family in Italy is getting to enjoy all the wonderful seafood that is available since they live right on the Italian Riviera.  A few years back on one of my previous trips to Italy, one of my aunts made this dish for me and it quickly became one of my favorites.  It is so simple to make and tastes amazing! 


Ingredients:
1 lb penne
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 onion, finely chopped
5 to 6 oz smoked salmon, cut into small strips
1 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste

Bring water to boil in a large pot and cook pasta.  In a large frying pan melt butter.  Add the onion and saute until it becomes transparent.  Add the smoked salmon and the cream.  Warm the mixture while stirring until cream starts to bubble slightly.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  When pasta is cooked, drain it well and pour it into a serving bowl.  Pour the cream sauce over pasta and stir to combine.  (This dish is best enjoyed when it is first made, reheating the leftovers isn't the same.)

No comments:

Post a Comment