Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Crostata di Frutta (Fruit Tart)


It is hard to believe that one year ago today I started La Mia Dolce Vita in Italia while packing my suitcase to go to Italy!  The time has flown by so fast thanks in part to my busy pharmacy school schedule, but not a day goes by that I don't think about what I am going to cook/ bake next!  During this past year many delicious things have been created in my kitchen and I am so happy that I have had the chance to share my recipes with all of you.  I look forward to sharing many more recipes with you, starting with this beautiful Crostata di Frutta.



Ingredients:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
12 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar, divided
1 tsp vanilla
strawberries, cut into 1/4 inch slices
blueberries
raspberries
6 oz frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
1 tbsp cornstarch
1tbsp water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine the powdered sugar, flour and butter in a food processor and mix until a ball is formed.  Press the dough evenly into a 10 inch tart pan, making sure to press the crust into the indentations on the sides of the pan.  Bake for 10 minutes or until the crust just begins to turn brown.  Let crust cool.

In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla, using an electric mixer, until smooth.  Once the crust is completely cooled, spread the filling over the crust.  Arrange the cut strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries on the top of the tart.

In a small saucepan, combine the limeade concentrate, cornstarch, water, and 1/4 cup sugar.  Heat over medium heat while stirring until clear (about 2 minutes).  Let the glaze cool.  Once the glaze is completely cool, brush the entire tart with it.  Keep the tart refrigerated until ready to serve.

Here is to one wonderful year, and hopefully many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment