Ads 468x60px

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Cookies

So I know I've been M.I.A for the pass couple of weeks, but I have been trying to find some free time to post something and I have realized my free time is non existent!  Whoever said that the second year of pharmacy school is easier than the first was LYING!  Well I guess it might also have something to do with how many extracurricular things I have going on outside of school too but who knows.  Anyway, after almost 6 weeks I've finally found a little free time to sit down and post something.

Fall is officially here in the Pacific Northwest and although I really do miss our warm sunny days, the beautiful colors of fall make up for it.  Since Halloween is just around the corner I decided to make some yummy cookies that were inspired by one of my favorite types of Halloween candy!





Ingredients:3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt


Preheat oven to 375.  In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and 3/4 cup peanut butter.  Mix together until smooth and set aside.  In a medium bowl, cream together butter, sugars and 1/4 cup peanut butter.  Add the egg and vanilla.  Slowly incorporate the flour a little at a time.  Finally mix in cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.

Place some sugar in a small bowl to roll cookies in.  To assemble the cookies, scoop out about a tablespoon of cookie dough and flatten with hands.  Take about 1 tsp of the peanut butter filling and place it in the middle of the cookie dough.  Carefully wrap the chocolate dough around the peanut butter.  Roll the cookie into a ball and roll in the sugar.  Place cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and flatten the tops slightly.  Bake for 8 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment