Ads 468x60px

Friday, March 15, 2013

Chicken Adobo


It's Friday!  I hope everyone has caught up on sleep after loosing an hour last weekend.  As the end of my in class portion of pharmacy school quickly comes to an end I am finding myself very low on time especially when it comes to cooking for myself.  This recipe was perfect because I was able to just throw everything in the crock-pot before school and come home to a fantastic meal.  If you are ever in need to a fast recipe I highly recommend trying this one out, you will not be disappointed!

Ingredients
1 tsp olive oil
2 shallots, minced
6 garlic cloves, minced
3 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 bay leaves
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 lb chicken thighs
rice for serving

Lightly oil the inside of the crock-pot.  Add shallots, garlic, brown sugar, cayenne, black pepper, bay leaves, chicken stock, soy sauce, and apple cider vinegar.  Add the chicken and toss to combine.  Cover crock-pot and cook on low heat for 6 hours.  After six hours remove chicken thighs and place on a serving dish.  Strain the remaining sauce into a potCook over medium heat stirring frequently until reduced.  Serve chicken over rice and top with reduced sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment