Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Asparagus Shrimp Pesto Gnocchi


Happy April!  I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter and got to eat lots of yummy food.  Now that April is here it is officially crunch time for me with less than 40 days of school left before I have to move to Medford for rotations.  Since I'm a little short on time, quick recipes are going to be key this month to allow me time to study, pack, and still eat healthy.  One of my favorite springtime ingredients to cook with is Asparagus and mixed with some shrimp, gnocchi, and pesto I had a delicious meal ready in minutes.

Ingredients:
2 tbsp olive oil
10 asparagus spears cut into 2" pieces (can use more if you want)
1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
Salt and Pepper to taste
16 oz gnocchi
1/4 cup pesto
Parmesan cheese, grated

Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.  Add asparagus and saute for 3 minutes.  Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper.  Continue cooking until shrimp are pink, then remove from heat.  In the mean time, bring water to a boil in a large pot.  Add gnocchi and cook until they rise to the surface.  Transfer gnocchi to a large bowl and add the asparagus and shrimp.  Top with pesto and stir to combine.  Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment