Ads 468x60px

Monday, December 23, 2013

Pecan Tassies

Hello again!  I have become pretty bad at this blogging thing I do have to admit.  Unfortunately life has gotten in the way and has been keeping me busy.  I just couldn't miss sharing a recipe with you for the holidays, even though I'm sure all of you have finished stocking up the pantry for your holiday meals by now.

I have gotten in the habit of making TONS of Christmas cookies every year but this year I just couldn't spend that much time in the kitchen since I am frantically trying to finish up my pharmacy residency applications before January 1st.  I did however have to test out my parent's new kitchen so I whipped up these awesome pecan tassies tonight and they were wonderful.  If you are still looking for a little something to bring to a holiday party or planning your new years eve menu, these are perfect and not too time consuming.

Ingredients:
1 cup plus 2 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
6 oz cream cheese
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla

Beat together 1 cup butter, cream cheese, and flour with a mixer until combined.  Divide the dough into 48 pieces and roll into balls.  Place on a baking sheet and refrigerate for an hour.

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease a mini muffin pan and set aside.  In a medium bowl, mix together brown sugar, chopped pecans, eggs, 2 tbsp melted butter and vanilla with a spoon.  Flatten dough balls with your hand or a rolling pin and place into the muffin cups.  Evenly divide the filling between the dough-lined mini muffin cups.  Top with additional chopped pecans.  Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are set.  Cool for a few minutes and then remove to a cooling rack until completely cooled.

Makes 48 pecan tassies.

No comments:

Post a Comment