Ads 468x60px

Monday, June 27, 2011

Frittelle di Mele (Apple Fritters)


Its hard to believe that four weeks have already gone by and tomorrow I will be back in the United States!  In an effort to procrastinate packing my suitcase I am going to leave you with one last recipe from Italy, and I have definitely saved the best for last (I will be posting more once I get back home, so keep checking back).  I came to Italy with only one request from my dad, "have Elda teach you how to make apple fritters".  So this one is for you dad, as a thank you for funding not one, but all six of my trips to Italy! 



Apple Fritter Ingredients:
4 apples, cut into very small thin slices
sugar
pinch of salt
2 cups cake flour
3 eggs
carbonated water (my aunt said you can substitute with beer...)
oil for frying

Combine apples, 1 tbsp sugar, salt and flour in a medium mixing bowl.  Add eggs and stir.  Add enough water to bring the mixture to a slightly liquidy batter (I couldn't tell but it looked like about 2/3 cup).  Heat oil in a frying pan.  Drop batter into oil using a tablespoon and cook until golden brown on all sides.  Remove from oil and sprinkle with more sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment