Ads 468x60px

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Saluti da Italia! (Greetings from Italy!)

Santa Margherita Ligure (My home for the next four weeks)
Ciao tutti!  After almost missing my connecting flight in Munich, I made it to Italy.  Unfortunately my suitcase couldn't grow legs fast enough to run through the terminal with me, so it missed the flight.  And of course with my luck today had to be a holiday so it will not be delivered to me until tomorrow.

On a lighter note though, did I mention there is nothing like waking up in the morning to the sound of scooters and motorcycles driving by!  There is just something about it that puts me in a good mood, maybe because I miss my scooter so much.


Another thing that puts me in a good mood is Italian espresso.  I helped myself to two cups this morning!  No acqua sporca (Italians refer to American coffee as "dirty water") for me during the next four weeks.  I also enjoyed a nice oily piece of focaccia for breakfast, and yes you should be jealous!

Now, I'm sure after reading that you are asking yourself when I'm going to start posting recipes.  I will most likely start posting some early next week after my luggage comes and I get all settled in.  In the mean time I will continue sharing my experiences and pictures with you.  Divertiti! (Enjoy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment