Ads 468x60px

Friday, June 10, 2011

Il Ristorante della Mia Zia (My Aunt's Restaurant)

Bocca Moa
Yesterday I finally made it to my aunt's restaurant and got my first cooking lesson after being put to work.  I think all of her customers enjoyed learning how to say things in English, while I got a little experience of what it's like to have to cater to large groups of people.


The little street you take to get to the restaurant
Her restaurant, Bocca Moa, is located about an hour away from Santa Margherita, in the countryside near Lago (Lake) di Giacopiane, and has wonderful views of the surrounding area.


View of the countryside
One of this things that is so special about my aunt's restaurant is that she grows her own produce, raises her own animals, and even makes her own cured meats and wine.

Different types of produce
Herbs
Rabbits
Salami, Prosciutto, Pancetta, and wine
Of course, every time you go to her restaurant you need to arrive with a VERY empty stomach.  For lunch I enjoyed Lasagna, Cannelloni, Rabbit, and some of her home made cured meats.  So much for my diet!

Lasagna and Cannelloni
Rabbit
Salami, Prosciutto, Pancetta
Here are a few other pictures from yesterday...

The little baby rabbit I wasn't heartless enough to kill

You can never have enough olive oil!

No comments:

Post a Comment