Ads 468x60px

Friday, June 3, 2011

Intorno Santa Margherita (Around Santa Margherita)

My luggage finally arrived today and the first thing I did was break out my shorts and comfy sandals and go for a walk.  The weather here has been overcast but it is extremely humid, so I was glad to trade my jeans and tennis shoes for shorts and sandals.  During my walk I decided to take a few pictures of things I love about Santa Margherita to share with you.


The first thing I love about Santa Margherita obviously is that it is part of the beautiful Italian Riviera.

 
The next thing I love is the way all the buildings are painted.

Prociutto (hanging on top) and other deli meats
And the last thing I love about Italy in general are all the different little food shops.  Grocery stores are becoming more popular in Italy, but these little stores that specialize in different things are where Italians go to buy the best quality products.

Focaccia at the panificio (bread shop)



Dolci (sweets) at the Pasticceria (pastry shop)
Dolciumi (candy)
Vino (wine)

2 comments:

  1. You definitely make me want to go back to Italy. I love the little food stores there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your Mom and I should get on the next plane and join you. We will miss you today at our open house. Have fun and post more pictures, can't wait till you post those recipes.

    ReplyDelete